UMatter: Student Support & Advocacy exists to support students facing a variety of challenges. Students work with our case managers to find resources and plan next steps to reach their personal and academic goals. So, whether your grades are struggling, a major life event has occurred, or you just need someone to help guide you towards resources, we are here to help!
Contact us at 662-915-7248 or email@example.com. We’re located in the Student Union on the 3rd floor in Suite H. Stop by to see us!
UMatter serves the University of Mississippi community by coordinating support efforts both on and off campus to assist students facing challenges in order to promote personal and academic success.
Scope of Service:
- Respond to concerns from the campus community about students in distress.
- Promote campus community health and safety through targeted outreach and education focused on student care concerns.
- Advocate individually and systemically for students who are experiencing challenges. Advocates connect students with partners, both on and off campus, guide them through processes, and empower them to advocate for themselves.
- Provides resources for responding parties involved in Title IX investigations and Title IX-related concerns.
- Foster resilience and self-advocacy in students through effective case management.
- Coordinate student reporting channels for on- and off-campus issues.