Who is a ‘Person of Concern’?
A person of concern can be a member of any UM constituency (faculty, staff or student) dealing with an emotional, psychological or physical crisis that may interfere with his or her ability to continue attending classes or working at the University of Mississippi.
Situations individuals face that may be cause for concern include:
- Ongoing alcohol and/or drug use
- Financial hardship
- Hospitalization for physical or mental health reasons
- Injury or accident affecting physical and/or mental ability to do course work
- Potential threat to themselves or others
Signs of a person of concern may include but are not limited to:
- Physical health issues
- Current or emerging mental health issues
- Challenges with academic schedule
- Social adjustment
- Family matters
- Policy violations
If you’re concerned about a student and would like to have UMatter staff reach out for support, complete a CARE Referral.