skip to main content
Support for Every Student!
The University of Mississippi

Important Numbers and Websites

From an on-campus phone, simply dial the last 4 numbers.

UMatter: Student Support & Advocacy

(662) 915-7248

CARE referrals, respondent services, Absence from Class Notification, and local resources
University Police Dept. (UPD)

(662) 915-7234 (non-emergency)

4-9-1-1 (emergency)

Police services, crime reporting, emergency information
University Counseling Center

(662) 915-3784

Confidential and free counseling services. (individual, group, & crisis response)
Psychological Services Center

(662) 915-3785

Confidential counseling services are provided by advanced graduate students. Fees may apply.
COPE Counseling Clinic

(662) 915-7197

Confidential and free counseling services are provided by master’s, specialist, and doctoral students. Free of cost.
Student Disability Services

(662) 915-7128

Disability-related accommodations and support
Violence Intervention and Prevention Services

(662) 915-1059

Confidential advocacy for victim-survivors

(662) 915-7045

Title IX, violence, and sexual misconduct reporting resources
Student Parents at UM

(662) 915-7431

Contact Lynn Wilkins for resources for students who are also parents, childcare assistance, lactation spaces, etc.
University Health Services

(662) 915-7274

Acute medical care, immunizations, STI/HIV testing, Men’s Clinic and Women’s Clinics, X-Ray, lab, etc.


24/7 Crisis Support

Emergency Services 9-8-8 Call 9-8-8 if you are suicidal or need emergency medical assistance
University Counseling Center (662) 915-3784 If you are experiencing a mental health-related crisis or emergency after regular business hours, during weekends, or during a holiday, then call the UCC office to speak to an after-hours counselor.
National Crisis Text Line Text HOME to 741741 24/7 mental health crisis support
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255


24/7 support line for anyone experiencing a suicidal crisis or emotional distress Languages: English, Spanish.
Mississippi Department of Mental Health Mobile Crisis Response Team (877) 210-8513 Teams are available 24/7 and provide community-based crisis services in the location where the person is experiencing a crisis.
Violence Intervention and Prevention Services (662) 915-1059 (daytime)

(662) 915-4911 (after hours)

The after-hours number will be directed to UPD. Ask to speak to an on-call violence intervention advocate.
The Disaster Distress Helpline 1-800-985-5990 SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) (800) 656-HOPE (4673) 24/7 online chat also available at

Other Helpful Resources

The ForUM Get involved! This website allows you to search for organizations, see upcoming events, and track your involvement on campus.
The Student Union

(662) 915-1044

The Student Union serves as the center of student life on campus. Visit their website to learn about more ways to get involved, StrengthsFinder, make facility reservations, the bookstore, the food court and more!
Grove Grocery

(662) 915-7248

Located in Kinard Hall. Discreetly provides nutritious food products and hygiene products free of charge to students and employees in the Ole Miss community.
Lyceum Locker

(662) 915-7248

Located in Johnson Commons East. Provides free school supply items for all students.
William Magee Center

(662) 915-6543

Provides educational programs related to substance abuse, houses the Collegiate Recovery Community, and provides wellness consultations.
UM Career Center

(662) 915-7174

Assist students in exploring professional pathway options, offer services and resources related to career readiness and professional networking.
The Center for Student Success and First-Year Experience

(662) 915-5970

Provides academic advising and other academic support to assist students such as workshops, tutoring, and a variety of other programs for all students. They also have specific programs for first-generation, military/veteran students and their dependents.
The Office of Conflict Resolution and Student Conduct (CRSC)


Addresses complaints of students acting in a manner inconsistent with community values.
Campus Recreation

(662) 915-5591

Fitness programs, intramural sports, sports clubs, aquatics, and a variety of programs dedicated to improving over-all wellbeing.
Bias Education and Response Team (BERT)

(662) 915-

Report a bias incident. BERT also supports members of the UM community who have been impacted by bias.


For Students:

Behavioral Intervention Team

Division of Student Affairs

Sign up for RebAlert

Student Complaints

For Faculty/Staff Members:

Behavioral Intervention Team

Employee Assistance

Employee Health

Human Resources

Sign up for RebAlert